2/6/14

Happy Hibernating!

I love Lancaster. Maybe it’s the constant snow falls that make everything prettier but lately I have been so obsessed with this place. However, it is COLD (duh.) Really though, I don't remember there ever being a winter like this. I’ve lost track of how many “snow days” we’ve had but all I know is I’m running out of things to do while I’m stuck in the house. But hey, I’m not complaining (check back in March.) My favorite part of this season is when it snows so much that you can do nothing but stay inside your warm, cozy house and every person in your family has no choice but to be stuck in there with you. On the other hand, this week was the first time I’ve had to shovel my poor car out of the snow when I got stuck at the bottom of my driveway for 45 minutes (oops.) Shout out to my handy and precious 12 year old brother who LITERALLY came to my rescue. He will do great things. 


A few weeks ago, Conor and I went to see Late Night With Jimmy Fallon in New York City. We took the ferry on Thursday morning from New Jersey to New York. It’s $9 each way and drops you off fairly close to Times Square. I had never taken the ferry before (and I have yet to figure out the subway system in NYC) so I would definitely recommend it if you’re like me and haven’t mastered public transportation in the city. We arrived pretty early so we had plenty of time to explore, grab lunch and take selfies before the show started. When we got tickets for the show a few weeks before, we didn’t know who the guest would be, we just decided on this specific date because it worked best with our schedules. So you can imagine my reaction (actually you probably can’t) when I found out a few days before that Drake was going to be the guest that night. Of course, seeing one of my favorite artists on the show only made it that much better. Ana Gasteyer and Neon Trees were also guests and Jimmy Fallon lived up to all my expectations. And WE WERE ON TV. Sorry for the pic but it’s the only documentation and proof I have of being inside the studio (security is crazy about NO PICS)

our shining moment




Wanna hear the most EXCITING news?! My sweet and beautiful friend Becky is getting married in March! So naturally we had a cute little Bridal Shower for her on Saturday. Becky is one of the most joyful people you’ll ever meet and you can’t help but love her. She's just the greatest and I cannot wait to celebrate with her on the BIG DAY!





As we all know, February is the “love” month. So my family (or maybe just me) made up a little game that we are going to play this whole month. How to play you ask? Hug each member of your family at least once everyday (twice if you’re feeling particularly generous.) Sounds like a good time right? My brothers thought so too. And if you follow the rules (and you have 6 members in your family like I do) you will have received 140 hugs by the end of February. Doesn’t get better than that. 




Thanks for reading! Happy Love Month!






No comments:

Post a Comment